We are so excited to announce our 2013 mini-grant winners!
1. Teen Outreach Program – PPGNW, Shelton WA
2. George Junior Republic UFSD, Freeville NY
4. Friends of Haffen Park, Bronx NY
9. Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica, Óptica y Electrónica/Peace Corps Mexico, Puebla MX
10. Leaders for the World, Inc, San Juan PR
11. Asociación Pro-Juventud y Comunidad Bo. Palmas, Inc., Cataño PR
13. Opportunities Unlimited for the Blind/Birding by ear, Dearborn MI
We received a fantastic response to our 2013 mini-grant invitation. It’s really exciting to see such creativity and so many varied organizations across all geographical areas thinking about urban birds, conservation, and the arts.
- We selected mini-grant applicants that were diverse in geography, showed real creativity, had great outreach potential, and integrated science (data collection) the arts and conservation. It was important that proposals show an understanding of the Celebrate Urban Birds citizen science activity, and integrate it into their proposal. We tried to balance selected applicants to include established organizations that would have very large reach as well as small groups that might have a strong impact in a much more local way. It was hard to select just a few of the many fantastic celebrations proposed. We were especially impressed by those that engaged participants of all backgrounds through active and dynamic participation in both the arts and data collection.
We can’t wait to share their events with the Celebrate Urban Birds community.